Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas Re-Cap

I know that Christmas was over 2 weeks ago, but since I am a newbie at this and since my whole goal is to keep all our families up to date with major events -- Christmas falls into that category.

Christmas started out a little rocky this year. Dylan was running a fever, and didn't feel good on Christmas morning. Of all the mornings for one of the kids to get sick, this wasn't the morning. I picked the kids up from there dad's house, and we went to Starbucks on the way home. (I can't believe they were open, but to all of their employees who worked --Thank You!) The boys got "special" Christmas hot chocolates, and Mark & I got a MUCH needed dose of caffeine before the chaotic day began. When we arrived home, my two sisters and their husbands were on their way to our house for Christmas breakfast and presents! Poor Dylan was so sick that he went straight to bed without opening any packages. Not a single stocking stuffer, Santa Claus gifts, nothing!! Poor guy.

After some homemade yummy homemade cinnabons courtesy of my wonderful baking sisters, we all tore into some of the packages -- my sisters couldn't stay long, as they were heading over the pass to be with the rest of our families. So, Mark, Devin, and I waited until later in the day after Dylan woke up and felt much better to open our stockings, and Santa gifts. Devin was really antsy to open his Santa gifts, but was really super good when it came to waiting for his brother to feel better before tearing into those gifts. I was really surprised that Devin had so much restraint on Christmas, and it made me so proud of him for understanding why he couldn't open gifts without his brother. He is growing up so fast, I can't believe it!

Once my sisters left, it was time to get ready for round two of presents. Mark's family came over for Christmas dinner and more presents. By this point in the afternoon Dylan was feeling much better, and not only wanted to open gifts, but he was a little camera ham -- after every gift he opened, he wanted me to take a picture of him and his new toys, and he would wait to open the next package until I had taken a photo. "Mom! Mom!" He would yell at me. "Mom, look." He'd point at the toy and smile so big for me. That was my cue. There were a lot of presents and photos taken, and with it being Kate's 1st Christmas, I had to catch every moment of it.

All and all, it was a very long day well spent with great family, and by the time it was all over, I was so glad to have peace and quiet in the house! The only thing missing this year was my parents, but since the weather was quite snowy before Christmas, the pass was pretty terrible, and they didn't want to risk driving over, just to have the pass close on them, or not be able to drive back home. We were all definitely sad to not have them here with us. But for them and everyone else that weren't here, I have enough pictures to give everyone the feeling they were here, sharing the moment with us.

Dylan, Devin, & Kate on Christmas Day before any presents were opened.
Kate and her cousin Jonah (who is almost 2 months younger, but they look the same size!)




My Sister Danielle and her hubby Blake holding Kate







My Sister Michelle & hubby Burt


Mark helping Kate "take a nap" before round 2 of Christmas ...... or was Kate helping daddy catch a nap?!

Devin & Dylan getting ready.........

Let the madness begin.......
Devin
Dylan
Kate and her pretty singing flowers.
Kate opening Grandma's gift Kate ripping the packages open. She's more interested in the paper than the gifts.


The coolest gift ever -- a NERF gun?!! Thanks uncle Chris and Aunt Robyn

Oh, she's tired!! I think it's time to call it a night.

1 comment:

  1. I so remember when you bought those Stockings last year... aren't you glad I made you buy a "K" stocking?? ;]

    ReplyDelete